Shaded and ghosted view bugged shadows

Hi there,

I use Rhino 7 on a MacBook, and set up a large (architecture/landscape) project. When I zoom in in the shaded or ghosted view, the geometry looks weird, bitmap like, as if it shows a moire effect. Also my gumball flickers as if it is somehow in between two pixels…

I have tried many different options in the settings, copying in new files etc, and the only option to get rid of it is using no shadowing at all. It happens on both my MacBook retina screen, and two external screens… all the same. When I make some simple boxes in a new file, it works perfectly…

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
Stella

That looks like duplicate coincident geometry to me. Post a model if you aren’t sure.

Hi @BrianJ,

A late reply (holidays), but I am still struggling with this issue.
There is no duplicate geometry, and it unfortunately affects every simple shape.
I found this thread, describing the same problem for an earlier version of Rhino (my version is 7 7.9, up to date): Problems in shaded and rendered view: dots everywhere

The command to fix it, is unfortunately not known in my Rhino version.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,
Stella

Hi @stella1 I just checked and the command TestToggleBuiltInFrontFacing works in 7.9 on Mac. Test commands do not autocomplete so make sure you type the whole thing. I hope that fixes your issue, send a 3dm file if not.