Serial Dim does not bake

Hello,

I’m trying to bake a serial dim into my Rhino Doc, but it’s not showing up.

I have layers on, and a Default dim style set.

Do I need to set up a certain dim style in the document in order for these to bake?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi,

Check this:

Cheers,
BVR

Has this been raised as a bug? The solution proposed looks good in gh, but when I bake the aligned dimensions, the text re-appears. I’m also having difficulty with the text tags, but that’s probably because I haven’t used them before. Anyway, it’s way too complex and the serial dimensions component is still not working properly as far as I can tell.

I didn’t get the serial dimension in grasshopper to bake, come here to search and find out that this is a bug dating back to 2014?! is this a joke!? common!

just three people complaining about this component not working properly (more like at all) over this long time suggests that dimensions in grasshopper are very rarely used, i guess?

any rhino developer here who cares?

Hi -
I’ve put that issue on the list as RH-67383.
Thanks,
-wim

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

since quite some time I fortunately don’t need technical drawings anymore and can just send my production files as step. now for a packaging design, I do need to send drawings again. making the folding pattern with gh was very nice until I realized this critical component does not work. would be a huge help if this does get fixed quickly.

@hitenter
Might this help you?

@wim

thanks, working around it was simple and quick (involved just a little list shifting). wasn’t a big deal. in the end the “normal” dimensioning did make more sense for the drawings anyway.
still, it is annoying when you have your definition set up, just want to bake and get on but realize a zombie component won’t let you just go on.

if it does not get fixed, imo it would be better to delete the serial dim component entirely from gh.