SelLast & Text bug

Hi,

While inserting a Text object and inserting any other object afterwards, the SellLast command causes selection of both the text and the second object, while it supposed to highlight the last created object only. I noticed that this happens only when the first created object is text, but sometimes the SelLast command works properly, I don’t know what is the rule.

This is a problem, because sometimes Rhino accidentally change previously created text when I use SelLast command on subsequently created object. I am asking for suggestions or solutions about this issue.

Regards,
Michał

Hi Michal - I see that from time to time myself but I can never reproduce a workflow that will consistently cause this behavior. If we can’t repeat the issue, we can’t solve it…
If you find a way of reproducing this, please let us know!
-wim

This is exactly what I do, the procedure below gives 100% repeatability of the SelLast bug:

1. Create a layer called “cover”, make it white in display.
  2. Add a text “1” object on the Default layer and make two copies of it next to each other using gumball and alt key.
  3. Draw a rectangular hatch over the third text using the following macro:

_Rectangle pause pause
_SelLast
-_Hatch enter p solid enter enter
_Delete
_SelLast
_BringForward
_BringToFront
-_Changelayer cover

1. Select all objects and make a copy of them with gumball.
  2. Select the first text and type the sequence of commands BringToFront, BringForward.
  3. Use SelLast, now it highlights the first text only.
  4. Use commands BringToFront, BringForward again.
  5. Now SelLast selects also the hatches.

The procedure may be too complicated, but so far it is the only one that I can repeat with the same results. If you keep selecting other texts and use BringToFront, BringForward commands repeatedly on them you will get weird results with SelLast command.

I also use an alias “bf” for “noecho BringToFront noecho BringForward”.

Hello - apart from the bug, which I’ll try to reproduce, why use that macro? What does it accomplish that BringToFront by itself does not? Curious, is all…

-Pascal

Hi Pascal - To be honest, I didn’t understand the difference between the two commands, but now that you mentioned it, I can see that this macro doesn’t make sense.