Selection with slider for partion List

Hi everyone,

I designed a structure consisting of multiple twisted boxes. I divided this structure into smaller parts with a partition list, but I want to rotate the division axis of the parts. That is, I want to divide elements vertically instead of horizontally. Furthermore, I want to select my parts with a number slider instead of using a tree branch manually. Is there any way to do that? Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,
partition.gh (6.1 MB)

Hi @Alim_Battal1 ,

I don’t have the time to investigate your first question, but here’s a script that has a component I created that lets you select a branch by slider or an other integer value you provide.

Furthermore, it actually acts like a Split Tree so you get both the result at the index you give and a separate output for all other branches.

Graph Space:

Hope that helps!

20240501_partition_select_branch_with_slider_Response_01a.gh (5.6 MB)

Thank you, Michael. It works nicely. I need to turn the selection axis of my parts. How do I solve it?

Hi everyone,

I designed a structure consisting of multiple twisted boxes. I divided this structure into smaller parts with a partition list, but I want to rotate the division axis of the parts. That is, I want to divide elements vertically instead of horizontally.

Thanks in advance,

partition.gh (6.1 MB)

i had already answered this a few weeks ago
but anyway

partition[fixed].gh (5.6 MB)

Hi @Alim_Battal1 ,

I’m away from my computer but try placing a Flip Matrix component before the second branch selection by index component.

Let me know if you get stuck!

@adel.albloushi Thank you for that.
When I try to do the same thing on different geometry, it doesn’t work. Can you help me again?
anticlastic partition.gh (6.7 MB)

It works on this file, but when I try to do the same thing on different geometry, it doesn’t work. How can I solve it?
anticlastic partition.gh (6.7 MB)

Furthermore, when I change the partition number, the selection order is not good. I want to select them in rectangular order. Is it possible?

Hi @Alim_Battal1, the technique is the same, you just need to spend some time understanding data structures in grasshopper.

When you use partition list, flip matrix, etc, you need to use the ordering of your elements.

So here’s what you need to figure out:

Imagine your shape is a table with n rows and m columns.

To separate the data into chunks of k rows you partition the list with k*m

If you want to separate the data into j columns, you flip the matrix and then partition the list with j*n

I am a beginner in GH. Therefore, I couldn’t easily do what I wanted.

Hello everyone,

I created a shell structure using lattice elements. I need to divide this structure into small components so that I can print it with a 3D printer. I grouped the twisted boxes around the lattices using a partition list. I want to divide and split the whole lattice structure into small components by using these groups. Can you tell me how I can do this?

Thanks in advance,
Ekran görüntüsü 2024-05-02 110752
anticlastic partition.gh (8.3 MB)

Imagine your shape is a table with n rows and m columns.

To separate the data into chunks of k rows you partition the list with k*m

If you want to separate the data into j columns, you flip the matrix and then partition the list with j*n

Consequently, if you want to separate your data into kj chunks, you first split your data using a partition list with size km, then you flip matrix and partition with k*j

If it is possible, can you share as a GH. file to explain it? I understand what you say, but I don’t know how to implement it. Which components do I need? Sorry about that :frowning:

1 Like

study this
anticlastic partition[sample].gh (6.1 MB)

1 Like

Mr. Adel, I am grateful to you. Thanks for your great efforts.

@adel.albloushi
I want to ask one more question about the splitting. When baking the chunks separately, the curves on the surfaces are shown. I want to see a single curvature surface on each side of the chunks. Is there a way to do this?