Selection window moves its starting point

When you zoom or zoom to pan, after starting a selection of sub selection, the starting location of the selection box moves. For selecting object the workaround is to use selBoundary and draw a rectangle around it, but for sub selection I have not found a solution.

can you provide a little more detail? windows/mac?

version? systeminfo (in the rhino command line)

any chance you’d be able to do a screen capture video showing the issue?

running:
Rhino 6 SR28 2020-7-17
Windows 10

If you look at the gif below you see the window selection starts just above the yellow line but after zoom/pan it has moved up and is no longer in the same location.

Hi Daniel - I find it impossible to see what’s going on in that gif. I took a few frames but I don’t know which lines continue from one side to the other…

Can you show something like that with just 2 lines and/or post the 3dm file?
-wim

selection starts from in between the two green lines but end up below it after zoom out/in

what are you trying to do?

is this mac or pc?

I am trying to sub select a thin slice in front view. Normally I do this when I need to shift a whole bunch of surfaces up or down but for the example shown its just showing the problem which is that when I zoom out in to pan over to the other edge, the starting point of the selection box shifts for some reason.
Using windows 10.

can you post an example and steps to reproduce?
also your system info? (from rhino command line)

If you look at the gif below you see the window selection starts just above the yellow line but after zoom/pan it has moved up and is no longer in the same location.

No image attached.
Since it’s display related, please run the SystemInfo command in Rhino and post the results.
This will tell us what resources Rhino sees and something obvious might show up.