Selection preventing mouse zoom

this has been happening for awhile but it seems to have gotten worse with the latest eval version.

sometimes when i have a surface or somethin selected my mouse zoom is not working. if i click off in space it resumes and if i select something else it resumes. it doesn’t seem to happen with the same objects though.

any ideas? ty

edit: using the keyboard modifier and dragging the mouse doesn’t work either

@pascal sorry to bother direct, any ideas? i did give it a day to get a reply atleast :wink: thank you

Hello - no ideas yet - are we in shaded mode, wireframe, or does it matter? Regular mouse? By mouse zoom do you mean the scroll-wheel?

-Pascal

shaded, i haven’t tried in wireframe. yes using the scroll wheel, but also when it happens i can’t use the keys and right click. regular mouse. thank you.

And, does it not work at all, or does it slow down a lot? And… if you click again but not in space, on the object so as not to lose the selection, does it resume? I’m wondering if the viewport is losing focus somehow.

-Pascal

Mouse batteries, maybe?

it doesn’t work at all. i don’t think i’ve tried clicking back on the object like you said. i’ll give that a shot next time. i know sometimes when i select another object it works fine. it’d not tied to the object, because sometimes i can click another, then reselect and it works. it’s very random so far.

not batteries, it’s hardwired