Selecting the desired points

Hi
I want to select 4 points between panels based on below figure , but after many efforts i couldn’t . in fact i want to create a surface by that 4 points.
is there anyone to help?
TEST.gh (27.6 KB)

Hello there,

See if this helps you - also I disconnected pufferfish for you, because it breeds bad habits.

-Sash

TEST.gh (33.1 KB)

4 Likes

thanks a lot @Artstep
this is same that i wanted. but the next challenge is how can i develop the joints in normal direction as you can see in below figure (a form something like that). in fact i wannna have the height of joints as a variable.

Hello,

EvaluateSurface should give you the normal directions that you can use to extrude/move - or OffsetSrf should do a similar thing - but honestly, I’m not 100% sure how to best answer your question, could you explain a little more of what you’re trying to achieve overall? Or if you have reference images/sketches?

I’m not sure it’s correct, but one thing that I am thinking of, if you use your MeshVertices to create Spheres, you should be able to split the mesh wires into “groups” that might help you generate the joints?

-Sash

1 Like

thank you for the reply @Artstep
Yes, I agree, maybe the explanation is a bit vague. Actually, I want to find the top edge of each surface that I can produce a triangle-like shape in the same direction (for each surface) (aligned). So when I use deconstruct brep, the edges are not selected regularly (only the upper edge).

It sounds like you don’t really know what direction you’re going in if your questions are changing this quickly - which is why I asked what you’re trying to achieve overall.

With the script you’ve written already, it doesn’t seem like you should be struggling to select the top edges - this sounds like a problem you should be able to solve. If you are struggling then

-Sash

1 Like

i am so sorry if it is bothering you. overall, i want all joints to be such section. “All Joints”
Capture

Hello,

I see, in your first image it looked like you were trying to join to the MeshVertices
I still think you could have tried a little harder to solve that, there is no reason to ever expect the first item in ListItem to be the one that you want, but this is one possible way of doing it

TEST.gh (51.1 KB)

-Sash

thank you @Artstep for you help. but the joints direction (piece of up and down) are not convergence. i mean they are not in a same direction and the there is a millimeter as difference.
ok.gh (44.8 KB)

I see, so the MeshNormal was off - to show that the point is off, you’ve answered your own question, if the point was wrong and you made a point that is right, then replace the wrong one with the right one?

-Sash

1 Like

thanks a lottttt

1 Like