Selecting sublayer objects on a Mac not possible

(Roshan Hakkim) #1

Let us assume that there is a parent layer and sublayers named A,B,C and D with surfaces and curves in each of these sublayers.

To select all the objects in the sublayers, on the PC version one just has to right click on the parent layer and click on “select sublayer objects”.

However on a MAC to select all the objects in the sublayers, one has to expand the parent layer and then select each sublayer and while all of them are selected, one should right click and “select objects on layer”.

A simple command as “Select sublayer objects” as in PC would be of great help to make the workflow way faster and less cumbersome. Hoping to hear if others feel this way or if it is just me being too used to the short way of working in Windows. :slight_smile:

It will probably be possible in Rhino V6. For the V5 I doubt there is interest in introducing any new functionality

-Simon

This is an older script from my library for selecting objects on all sublayers of the chosen layer… maybe it can help until the V6 WIP arrives.

SelLayerTree.py (1016 Bytes)

–Mitch