SelBox fails with grouped objects

Try it with and without objects being grouped. If grouped, the objects are not selected…

Ouch… this just killed one of my animation scripts…

–Mitch

Hi Mitch- this works ok here in my quick test if all objects fall inside the box… is that what you meant?

-Pascal

Yes, it’s not working here… I will try to create a quick example… It is perhaps that there are objects touching the box, but if they are not grouped, they all select anyway, even the ones touching. When grouped, nothing selects.

–Mitch

Here, if I make a box, copy it to one side and group, then SelBox snapping directly to the box corners (i.e. bounding box) , they do select… I guess I’ll wait for your example- I wonder if there are control points outside the box or something.

-Pascal

Hmmmph… Now it’s working… :confounded: Last night I spent a half hour trying to figure out why my script - which includes a scripted “_SelBox” - wasn’t selecting my objects as it did in all my previous tests. Until I realized that I had grouped the objects in the meantime. When I ungrouped them it worked. When I grouped them again it stopped working… hence my conclusion…

Now same file, same objects (but different computer) all works… Well, I’m happy about that, but I don’t know what went wrong last night… Maybe I just needed to sleep…

Sorry for the false alarm… :anguished:

–Mitch

Ok, thanks- - shout if you figure out how to make it happen…

-Pascal

Well, I don’t know… I have same file - I know it’s the same because it’s in my dropbox, so I’m picking it up from two different computers - and the same script, for the same reason.

On my home workstation and my laptop, it fails. On my school workstation, it works… What could be different? I’m stumped. I’ll send you the file and the script…

–Mitch

Hmm, it’s fumes from that stuff you’re brewing in the basement I think. I’ll look for your files…

-Pascal

1 Like

More likely it’s just me fuming… :scream: