Segments of a curve offset in series movement

Hi there,

I have 2 questions, how can i select from all branches a specific item? And how can i select segments from a curve (the contour generated ones) and in the next contour line a segment with the same lenght but more to the left for exemple (just as is drawed; something like a series move).

Thanks

yeah, but how could i select item 1 from all branches in a tree ?

List Item

Do you mean item 1 or item 0 (the first item in each branch))?

I’ve seen many threads recently using this same geometry… from you?

in this way

1 Like

i want to select on every branch the item 1 or 0

yes, they are mine, i am learning GH in this quarentine time

List Item

So, i divided the line in some points generating a list, i want to select 4 points in one branch and the next 4 points on the next branch (next line) so they could be shifted and but i am not being able to extract those itens specific itens and shift for the next item… any guess?

thanks

anyone?

The problem with this is that it select the same 4 points for every curve… i used the tree branch component and could achieve the shift between the curves, but unortunatelly it retrieves me only 1 point in the curves and i need more than 1 point in those curves.

list item !!!

list item is giving me this… i need them to be shifted not in the same position

I think i couldnt express what i want to achieve… i need to select this more points on each curve… for exemple: if i have one line with 1,2,3,4 points, the next line i need 2,3,4,5 and so on

‘Flip Matrix’ will do it

That makes it extremely difficult to help. I don’t even see a GH file from you in this thread?

sorry man, here it ismatch contour.gh (67.4 KB)

Maybe you’re thinking of something like this? Or maybe not.

match_contour_2020Apr23a.gh (63.9 KB)

Or maybe you’re thinking of something like this? Or maybe not.

match_contour_2020Apr23b.gh (65.2 KB)