Section Problem

Hello dear all,
I’m using Rhino7. I have an urgent problem.
When I use section command, I cannot get correct lines of surfaces. Most of lines do not come with section and some of them are corrupted. Section command configuration is same which I use very frequently. First time I encountered with this kind of issue and I couldn’t find solution to revert the latest update which was on 18th of January.
Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Ahmet -
Please post a file with the surfaces that are giving you issues so that we can see what is going on.
-wim

Hello Wim,
At our office, I have just this problem. Other guys do not have problem with files. They don’t have problem when they get sections from same point. I had this issue also for another model.
My assumption is that is related to the latest update, which was on 18th.
Now I made repair on installation but it didn’t work. I downloaded the latest version but same.
How can I find previous version for rhino7?

Hi Ahmet -

Previous versions are not publicly available as many fixes go into each build and we don’t want to have to deal with issues that have long been fixed. For testing a specific issue, though, we can send you a download link. Which is the version that your colleagues are using that are not having issues with the same model?
-wim

I had tried below versions and had problem with sections:

My colleague does not have problem with below version:

It sounds like you may have uncovered an actual regression bug, so it would be very helpful to McNeel and all the other users who might encounter the same behavior if you could post an example file for McNeel to use to track down the issue.

I’m sure that Wim will send you the link to the earlier version, if he hasn’t already, so you can get back to work.

Hi Ahmet :slight_smile:

Hope you’re well!

I’m having the same problem as you. I posted a topic here as well:

Let me know if you have found a solution for it. One workaround that I found is using contour or projecting a line onto the geometry.