Scripted install with Batch / INI not working


#1

Hi there,

I hope I’m in the right forum. I looked on here and could not find an answer to my problem. I’m attempting to write a batch file / ini file that will allow for an unattended install for Rhino 5 (Windows) where the installer will default to Network Install (connect to the Zoo).

I have used the WORKGROUP_NODE in various ways - in the setup.ini and in the command line: msiexec.exe /i"D:\Installers\setup_x64_en-us.msi" INSTALLDIR=“C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)” WORKGROUP_NODE=1 INSTALL_EN=1

What am I doing wrong? Every time I run the batch, variables such as COMPANYNAME work and Install_EN=1 work, but not WORKGROUP_NODE. The radio button for STANDALONE is always selected by default and will not change to NETWORK.

Thanks in advance!


(Dale Fugier) #2

Hi Jessica,

Do you know which service of Rhino you are trying to install? If you have a Rhino CD, the SR number is printed on the CD.

The reason I ask is that there have been numerous installer fixes of the life of Rhino. Thus, you might just download the latest version of Rhino and try it.

http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest?PageSpeed=noscript


#3

I am also having difficulty scripting a batch install of the latest release of Rhino 5

Version 5 SR9 64-bit
(5.9.40617.14345, 6/17/2014)

Similar to jdeen … the “rhino5setup_en-us_x64.msi” is not able to accept WORKGROUP_NODE=1 paramater. I have the setup.ini file within the same located/folder as the MSI.

Setting it to WORKGROUP_NODE=0 and even enabling RMA_LICENSENODETYPE=Evaluation works perfectly. However, the MSI refuses to recognize the parameter to set installation to utilize Zoo license manager.

Thanks for any suggestions provided!


#4

Hi Infotech,

I actually figured out why I was having that issue. Turns out that you
are supposed to use the /qb switch in your call for install. Example:

msiexec /i “Q:\Installers\rhino5setup_en-us_x64.msi” /qb INSTALL_EN=1
WORKGROUP_NODE=1

It wasn’t documented anywhere, but I was able to find out by reaching
out to support.

Let me know if this helps!


#5

Thanks jdeen. I tried that as well (/qb and /qn switch) to no avail. I am using the setup.ini file to pass on the parameters unto the MSI.

I did eventually figure it out last night. Added the following line in the setup.ini file … instead of un-commenting “WORKGROUP_NODE=1”.

RMA_LICENSENODETYPE=NetworkNode

Worked like a charm. Seems they may have changed the parameter for networknode installation and haven’t updated the setup.ini file to reflect this.