Scripted install with Batch / INI not working

Hi there,

I hope I’m in the right forum. I looked on here and could not find an answer to my problem. I’m attempting to write a batch file / ini file that will allow for an unattended install for Rhino 5 (Windows) where the installer will default to Network Install (connect to the Zoo).

I have used the WORKGROUP_NODE in various ways - in the setup.ini and in the command line: msiexec.exe /i"D:\Installers\setup_x64_en-us.msi" INSTALLDIR=“C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)” WORKGROUP_NODE=1 INSTALL_EN=1

What am I doing wrong? Every time I run the batch, variables such as COMPANYNAME work and Install_EN=1 work, but not WORKGROUP_NODE. The radio button for STANDALONE is always selected by default and will not change to NETWORK.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jessica,

Do you know which service of Rhino you are trying to install? If you have a Rhino CD, the SR number is printed on the CD.

The reason I ask is that there have been numerous installer fixes of the life of Rhino. Thus, you might just download the latest version of Rhino and try it.

http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest?PageSpeed=noscript

I am also having difficulty scripting a batch install of the latest release of Rhino 5

Version 5 SR9 64-bit
(5.9.40617.14345, 6/17/2014)

Similar to jdeen … the “rhino5setup_en-us_x64.msi” is not able to accept WORKGROUP_NODE=1 paramater. I have the setup.ini file within the same located/folder as the MSI.

Setting it to WORKGROUP_NODE=0 and even enabling RMA_LICENSENODETYPE=Evaluation works perfectly. However, the MSI refuses to recognize the parameter to set installation to utilize Zoo license manager.

Thanks for any suggestions provided!

Hi Infotech,

I actually figured out why I was having that issue. Turns out that you
are supposed to use the /qb switch in your call for install. Example:

msiexec /i “Q:\Installers\rhino5setup_en-us_x64.msi” /qb INSTALL_EN=1
WORKGROUP_NODE=1

It wasn’t documented anywhere, but I was able to find out by reaching
out to support.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks jdeen. I tried that as well (/qb and /qn switch) to no avail. I am using the setup.ini file to pass on the parameters unto the MSI.

I did eventually figure it out last night. Added the following line in the setup.ini file … instead of un-commenting “WORKGROUP_NODE=1”.

RMA_LICENSENODETYPE=NetworkNode

Worked like a charm. Seems they may have changed the parameter for networknode installation and haven’t updated the setup.ini file to reflect this.