I have attempted to create a script that recreates the images I have attached and I am having a few issues.
What I want:
- Each box is either A=14(w) x 15(d) x 5(h) , B=12 x 12x 10 or C=8 x 10 x 15.
- Each box is alway followed by a 2 x [(X)] x [(Z)]. here x can be random and z should be 5 units higher than the closest box.
- After a group of 3-4 boxes there should be an empty space. For example the pattern can be something like this: Wall-box1-wall-box2-wall-box3-wall-box4-wall-space-wall-and so on.
- The boxes should be random.
- There should be more of the A boxes(about 50-60%) then the B boxes(about 15-30%) and the rest should be the C boxes
This is what I need help with: ( not properly solved in the script)
- I wasn’t sure how to spit the curve into random repeating dimensions, so I used a gene pool (to control the amount of each box type, id like at least 50% of the boxes type A) and repeat data. this is not perfect, is there a better way to do this?
- Because the be curve is not straight the “walls” are not always parallel which created weird gaps between them and the boxes. no idea how to solve this…
- Lastly, I’d like to make sure the “walls” are always taller than the boxes and i cant seem to figure out how to do that…
Hopefully I am not being too confusing. I am sorry this post is soo long. Heads up, I used the offset component from pufferfish.
Thank you in advance!
Extruded Boxes.gh (28.7 KB)