Script compiler locking up after completion

I noticed in the latest SR that after I compile my plug-in the compiler becomes unresponsive. Even the task manager won’t kill it.

Hmmm- I just ran this yesterday and it seemed fine, I’ll take another poke at it. Is the resulting rhp correct and all?

-Pascal

Yeah, everything it produces is fine. I just can’t get rid of it after. It happens every time since I went to the latest SR candidate. I have to restart the computer to get rid of the window.

This may be related to a Windows update. I had an update happen a few days ago and the script compiler is only one of many things not working right now.

Hi Dan - I wonder if running a repair on the Rhino installation might help? So far still OK here. I do not think this machine has updated Windows in the last week or two, it might be in the queue.

-Pascal

I noticed that the window will eventually close if you leave it long enough. I was still able to minimize the window, so I did that and I noticed later that it was gone.

About the windows update, I found all my icons had lost all of their associated images, and Windows Explorer wouldn’t show all my drives, but just hang there indefinitely. So although my graphics driver was only 3 months old I updated it anyway. That seemed to fix a lot of the issues that this update brought. Windows Explorer wouldn’t refresh when moving or copying files so I had to add a registry hack to bring that back.

I will try the repair at the next chance I get.

Thanks,

Dan

Todays’ RC candidate fixed the issue. It closes as it should now.

Thanks,

Dan

Oh, good deal, thanks.

-Pascal