Scale 1D Does not Erase Old object in WIP

FYI,
WIP, JULY18: I was editing a block in place. Scale 1D an object with clipping tool ON. Profile and outline of the old object still show in addition to new profile. Will disappear once i switch screen

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Jean-Marc - so you see the original drawn even after the scaling operation is done, correct? Is that only in BlockEdit? Does it redraw correctly when you exit BlockEdit?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, I am not entirely sure. Just new to WIP. But my post is not totally accurate. I have an object with multiple nested objects.
you are correct in your understanding. The object I was re-scaling did re-scale properly and displayed properly. But a shadow of the old object was still showing. Changing view did not correct the display. Selecting one of the other embedded object did.

JMarc

OK, the problem seems to be linked to Block edit and is not limited to scaling. Just did a couple of move and also Remove Hole. In all cases the old outline remain displayed until another object or element in the block is selected

(Pascal Golay) #5

@Jean-Marc
Hi Jean-Marc - OK… I cannot reproduce this, here the ‘ghost’ disappears as soon as the edit (say dragging an object) is done. Can you please run SystemInfo and post the results here?

thanks,
-Pascal

Here is the System Info. But first, just to make sure I was clear. this only happens when I am editing a block in place. specifically the block in that case had many nested blocks. It does not happen when I am editing a regular object.
Rhino 6 SR0 2017-7-25 (Rhino WIP, 6.0.17206.9241, Git hash:master @ 39c3b3a81deb1f40eda281891ff5319a64d207e9)

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 5.9Gb)

Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (OpenGL ver:4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.4642)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: None
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: None

Vendor Name: Intel
Render version: 4.3
Shading Language: 4.30 - Build 20.19.15.4642
Driver Date: 3-28-2017
Driver Version: 20.19.15.4642
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 1 GB

C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoBonusTools.rhp “Rhino Bonus Tools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\CyclesForRhino.rhp “Cycles for Rhino”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP\Plug-ins\Calc.rhp “Calc”

(Pascal Golay) #7

Hi Jean-Marc - thanks - my guess of the moment is that the Intel video support is not up to it - I’ll see if someone has an Intel 4400 here to test with, we may not… I see that it does work as expected on a 5000.

-Pascal