Sad Rhino 7 Offset

Anyone else having issues with just standard offset? Offsetting a closed curve outwards fails to create a closed curve:

This is easy enough to fix manually but this has never been an issue before. Am I being silly?

Niko

Hi Niko -

I’m not seeing that here. Can you run the Rhino SystemInfo command and copy-paste the result here? Also, please provide step-by-step instructions (and, if necessary, a 3dm file) to reproduce your findings.
-wim

Hello- if the curve is planar, then it ought to work if Corner is not set to None, but if it is not planar, then this result is what you get… also try setting the InCPlane to No. - if the curve is planar but not parallel to the Cplane, you’ll want to offset in the curve plane (default).

-Pascal

Hey Wim,

Sure - I opened a new RH7 file, created a rectangle, then did offset (outwards) and no luck. Also tried in RH7 Safe Mode. Here’s the info:

Rhino 7 SR7 2021-6-9 (Rhino 7, 7.7.21160.05001, Git hash:master @ d2161989109d5dacba531310b5d345ce6f4da9f6)
License type: Educational, build 2021-06-09
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10.0.19042 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 64Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (NVidia) Memory: 11GB, Driver date: 6-21-2021 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: (null)
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: On
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL (null) (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: Unknown
Render version: (null)
Shading Language: (null)
Driver Date: 6-21-2021
Driver Version: 30.0.14.7111
Maximum Texture size: n/a
Z-Buffer depth: n/a
Maximum Viewport size: n/a
Total Video Memory: 11 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.7.21160.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.7.21160.5001

Hi Pascal,

I created the issue with just a planar rectangle at w0,0,0, in safe mode. Not sure what’s happening, but only happens on the outer offset.

Niko

Hi Niko -

If nothing else, you should reinstall the latest drivers for your RTX 2080 card. It’s possible that a recent Windows update trashed those.
-wim

Hilarious. Gotta love windows updates. Will update after some external software troubleshooting.