RUI file, generate all the locales

Hi,

I have a question about RUI files and localization. I created a toolbar in my English Rhino, and I would like to translate it to another language.

In the file, it just appears 1033, but not the other languages. Is there a way to generate all the locales?

<menu_item guid="ed10b2c5-59b2-4545-a48c-0e29abe76ae4">
    <text>
      <locale_1033>2Shapes App</locale_1033>
    </text>
    <macro_id>974903c8-a381-4ceb-bb6a-35f95b0628b6</macro_id>
    <macro_lib_id>43575973-941b-4723-acfb-540d58d84d0b</macro_lib_id>
  </menu_item>

Thank you!

Have you checked this?

Hi,
The problem is I’m trying to find an automatic way. With about 100 buttons and 13 languages, it will be a lot manual work.
Thanks,

@JohnM do you have any utilities that Rafa could use for localizing RUI files?

We have some utilities we use internally to extract text from an RUI file into a XML file and then point to several translated XML files and a RUI file and generate a new localized file. They are integrated into our build systems but we might be able to cook something up.

Hi,

I create a small console project to add the languages other 12 languages to a RUI file and translate them using Google Translator API.

Just add your Google API Key and the toolbar path.

private static readonly string GoogleApiKey = "YOUR_GOOGLE_API";
    private static readonly string ToolbarPath = "2Shapes.rui";
    private static readonly string ToolbarPathCopy = "2Shapes (translated).rui";

It is just an internal tool, if you like it and you want that I add any feature, let me know! :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Rafa

Get the Google API key

You must have at least one API key associated with your project.

To get an API key:

1. Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console. https://cloud.google.com/console/google/maps-apis/overview

2. Click the project drop-down and select or create the project for which you want to add an API key.

3. Click the menu button and select APIs & Services > Credentials.

4. On the Credentials page, click Create credentials > API key.
    The API key created dialog displays your newly created API key.

5. Click Close.