RTX 2070 Super not listed in Cycles/Opitx in Rhino 7 WIP

@nathanletwory

I questioned the timely availability of OptiX only with the intention to motivate you - looks like that worked out well :wink:

Happy to see Optix enabled now.

I tried one of my recent scenes with my 2070 Super. Not too complex but also not too simple, 1800x1200px, 1000samples.
CUDA: 2m 44s
OptiX: 2m 12s

The results are quite disappointing when compared to the results from Blender open data benchmark.
Here are results from the simpler BMW scene:

This shows that OptiX should perform almost double compared to CUDA but your RhinoCycles implementation is only able to perform mildly better. It is nice to see that you started working on it but just the fact that it is working does not mean it is working well. For now my claim “beta forever” is still appropriate. Since we are talking about the WIP, this is OK of course. I assume you will make OptiX work properly once RH7 will be released.

Btw, I tried different, resolutions and tile sizes. I also tried Raytraced viewport and Rendering. All very similar results. For those who don’t know, it’s important to adapt your tile size when using GPU (256 or 512) or CPU (16 or 32). Use this command to set the tile size:
_-RhinoCycles_SetRenderOptions tile_x 512 tile_y 512

I also rendered with my Ryzen 7 2700X for further comparison. I’ll start a new thread regarding those results.