Rotating rectangles problem/ Shift tree?

Hi there, I’ve got a problem with rotated rectangles trimmed by a plane. What I need to do is to be able to select individual faces (groups of faces) so that I can aplly different colour to them or add perforation, etc…

I’ve got a series of lofted rotated rectangles and they work fine - meaning I can select one of the faces and I get the whole row selected.

Problem occurs when I trim these rectangles by a plane. Then the faces numbering changes in the middle of the path and I can’t select all the faces I’d like to.

Here is what I have versus what I’d like ot have:

Faces/ edges numering changes after applying ‘shutter’ command and splitting rectangle into two separate curves. Do I need to do some magic with the tree to make it work again?

Also, when I try to unroll these solids, some of them are unrolling correctly (marked with yellow) and others look odd. I guess it will work onece I solve the the first problem, right?

Thanks in advance for your help. [rotating rectangles.gh|attachment]
rotating rectangles.gh (29.0 KB)

Is this what you want?

rotating rectangles_reV1.gh (35.1 KB)

That’s exactly what I was after! Thank you so much!

May I have one more question - when I cap holes, the sides of the solids are not sorting out correctly. Is there a way to get all of the sides on the right hand side to be one group and the ones on the left to be the second group?

rotating rectangles_reV2.gh (39.2 KB)

rotating rectangles_reV3.gh (37.8 KB)

Wow that wasn’t easy. Thank you so much.

Last one if you don’t mind - now that I have all the faces grouped I need to cap hole at the bottom as well and then join all the faces for each individual ‘slice’ and unroll it as I need to laser cut them.

I’ve managed to cap hole and join faces to create breps but then I’m back to the starting point - meaning that the faces are not sorted correctly. I understand it’s beacuse some of the ‘slices’ consist of 6 faces and some of 7.

[rotating

What I’d like to have is group of 40 breps that I can unroll. I’d need the faces to be grouped in way the colour groups work and I’d love to be able to identify same faces on a brep and unfolded shape.

Hope it’ll make more sense when you open the file.
rotating rectangles_reV4.gh (44.8 KB)