RhPicture extension not working in V6

rhpicture

Hi @DavidRutten,

We can’t get the RhPicture to work in Rhino 6.
Is there any reason for it not to work as it used to?
The RhPicture.rhp plugin installs with no problem (reports passing compatibility test) but then we are unable to assign the plugin object to a variable, getting this error:

Option Explicit
Call Main()
Sub Main()
	Dim RhPicture
	Set RhPicture = Rhino.GetPluginObject("RhPicture")
End Sub

The same works fine in earlier Rhino versions (V4, V5).
A lot of our tools and workflow depends on its functionality. Hope we can keep using it in Rhino6 !

thanks,

–jarek

RhPicture.rhp (88 KB)

(David Rutten) #2

This plugin uses the old, deprecated Rhino_DotNET SDK. It’s still kinda sorta shipped with Rhino6, but I’m guessing we removed the GetPluginObject functionality, or perhaps changed it in ways that broke ancient code.

@stevebaer @dale am I correct in thinking that?

(Steve Baer) #3

I added this to our bug list at https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-46591

I can probably get it to work again, it will take some debugging to figure out what is going on.

Thanks David, good to know. Hope this can be salvaged or fixed soon.

It kinda sorta breaks the major functionality of my Armadillo and Flatworms plugins under Rhino 6, I am already getting reports from users that switched to Rhino 6. Plus, bunch of our in-house, unpublished tools that rely on it. Maybe it is ancient but has been extremely useful for anything image-processing related with RhinoScript.

If this is a Rhino 6 fix, great, will wait for the SR fix to come out. If RhPicture itself needs to be fixed, I would need to re-distribute it to my plugin users.

I was actually hoping this set of tools will be incorporated into Rhino 6 with no need for external plugin (or ship by default as part of Rhino 6). So far it went the other way :wink:
@Steve - if you need cookies to put it high on your list, let me know what kind you like…

–jarek

(Steve Baer) #5

I was able to fix this so RhPicture will load and work in Rhino 6. This will be available in SR7 (first release candidate will be available in a couple weeks.)

Works like a charm. Just got the daily build and tested.
Thanks for fixing it so quickly. Cookies on the way…

-j