Rhinoscript: DupEdge equivalent

I probably looked right at it and missed it, but is there a version of Rhino.DuplicateEdgeCurves which finds one or more single edges of a surface.

I know you guys want to keep categories to a minimum, do you think there is merit in further splitting Scripting into RhinoScript and RhinoPython?

There is Rhino.GetEdgeCurves - for user picking of edges - which has not been implemented in Python yet, although there is probably a RhinoCommon workaround that can be constructed. Is that what you’re asking about?
–Mitch

Thanks Mitch, I knew it would be there somewhere, that’s exaclty what I was looking for.

Hi BrianM

try the below code:

import Rhino
import scriptcontext
import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs

def selectCurves():    
    rc, objref = Rhino.Input.RhinoGet.GetMultipleObjects("Base curves", False, Rhino.DocObjects.ObjectType.Curve)
    #objref  sono i riferimenti alle curve o edge selezionati
    if rc!=Rhino.Commands.Result.Success: return     
    curves=[]
    for curve in objref:
        curva = curve.Curve() 
        if not curva: return 
        cc=scriptcontext.doc.Objects.AddCurve(curva) # crea una curva copia dell'elemento selezionato e ritorna id
        curves.append(cc) # crea lista id curve       
    scriptcontext.doc.Views.Redraw()
    return curves

if( __name__ == "__main__" ): 
    curves=selectCurves() 

Ciao Vittorio

There will be a GetEdgeCurves in SR6 for python. If you want to play with it before SR6 is available, you can get the updated userinterface.py file for rhinoscriptsyntax at

https://github.com/mcneel/rhinopython/blob/master/scripts/rhinoscript/userinterface.py

Thank you Vittorio for the ready to go script.

Thanks for adding GetEdgeCurves Steve. I haven’t started using Python yet, the way you have documented the Rhinoscript interface on Github should make the transition pretty straightforward.

Another matter, is there a method in python to arrange the layers, in the layer panel, in alphabetical order, i.e. the equivalent of clicking the layer table header in the panel.