RhinoReverse Tips

I’m evaluating this, having done a ton of brute-force manual Reverse Engineering previously, and having a lot of trouble. The models are not particularly demanding in terms of surface quality, they’re highly “naturalistic” but don’t need to be perfect, it just needs to turn out a solid, and it’s just not working. The output isn’t close to joining up despite using what seem to be appropriate settings, and any particular patch will randomly produce a surface or not or make a surface that shoots into space for no discernable reason. Are there any rules of thumb to follow?

Hello,

Can you share a reference example you’re having trouble with?

Not publicly at least.

It’s scan of a bone, and the output is to be about 3m tall, and I’ve been working on a version in mm and one in inch units and neither will come close to joining up–and it has to join up into a solid for export to SolidEdge.I know how to brute-force seal up the seams but I was hoping to not have to. I’ve just started a third attempt trying to apply some of what I’ve observed so far to get a cleaner result. In my first attempts the patches wound up mostly spanning the relatively flatter areas while connecting along the tighter edges. I’m thinking that was a mistake, the joins should be on the flats where possible.

Hello,

Understood, I can take a crack at it if you want to send a link. I am assuming some degree of continuity is desired?