RESURF released the latest version of RhinoResurf recently, and here are the details about what’s new:
- Added a new command ‘_RsFillHoleBySurf’. This command helps fill a hole surrounded by surface edges or curves with a trimmed NURBS surface. The new surface can be G1 continuous with the surrounding surfaces on the boundary edge. The deviation error of G0 and G1 continuity can be reported. This command is very friendly to use. To fill the hole, select the surface edges and click the ‘Apply’ button. For more details, visit this page: Tutorial to RsFillHoleBySurf.
- Added a new command ‘_RsMorphSurf’. This command helps to select a surface and morph it to the target position. The target data can be mesh, point cloud, curves, or another surface.
- Command ‘_RsPoints2Surf’: added a new feature ‘Rotate’ UV-line. This feature allows rotation of the UV-line around the normal direction on the XOY plane. Find a surface with better UV-line by this rotation. More details.
- Command ‘_RsCurves2Surf’: added a new feature ‘Rotate’ UV-line. This feature allows rotating the UV-line around the normal direction on the XOY plane. Find a surface with better UV-line by this rotation. More details.
- Updated the online documentation. More details.
- Remove a critical error report. This error happens before the dialog showing in command ‘_RsPoints2Surf’ and ‘_RsMesh2Surf’.
- Fixed other bugs.
RhinoResurf for Rhino is a reverse engineering plugin. This plugin gives Rhino the ability to reconstruct the geometry represented by the NURBS surface of an object or point cloud which describes it.