RhinoMobile-HelloRhinoMobile Deploy Failure

Platform: VS2015 community & win7 x64
Project: HelloRhino.Droid
Questions:

1. I tried to get the HelloRhino app building on Android according to the step-by-step instructions, but when I deployed it, it occurred that “‘ViewportInfo’ does not contain a definition for ‘GestureOrbit’ and no extension method ‘GestureOrbit’ accepting a first argument of type ‘ViewportInfo’ could be found” .
  2. After I commented out ViewportInfo, it did succeed. But I ran it on AVD_GalaxyNexus, it failed. It says that unfortunately HelloRhino app has stopped.
    Hope someone can help me deal with these questions.

@dan, can you provide any wisdom?

@yyx

I presume you are following these instructions.

it occurred that “‘ViewportInfo’ does not contain a definition for ‘GestureOrbit’ and no extension method ‘GestureOrbit’ accepting a first argument of type ‘ViewportInfo’ could be found” .

I have committed a fix for this. Please give it a try.

Sorry for the delayed reply. This one slipped right past me. Next time, please @mention (@dan) if I don’t respond quicker.

Thank you for your reply. I tried it as what you suggested. Actually, it did work during deploying and did not show any errors. But after deploying HelloRhino.Droid, it still did not work on AVD_GalaxyNexus simulator. It says that “unfortunately HelloRhino app has stopped”. I do not know why? Could you give me some suggestions about this?

Thank you.

So, you pulled the changes from that recent commit in to your repo, I trust. That should fix the missing extension methods on the ViewportInfo class. Did you completely reset the emulator and do a clean build?

I do not currently have Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition installed, but this is working in Visual Studio 2013 Professional on Windows and Xamarin Studio on OS X.

I suspect something might be wrong with your AVD… what happens you deploy to a real device? Please send along a screenshot of your AVD settings…there may be something there that is not compatible (but usually this will throw a Java exception).