RhinoInside for Vectorworks

Hi All!
I know VW has Marionette, but it is lightyears away from our beloved greenbug… is there anyone working on a RhinoInside port towards Vectorworks? Anyone expecting to do it?

5 Likes

There are several criteria which must be met by a host application’s API offerings to make it a good match for developing a Rhino.Inside sample or implementation. With Vectowork’s public C++ API it might be possible to develop some functionality, but we are mostly focusing our efforts on host applications with .NET APIs.
Another important criteria is user demand. I believe you are the first person to ask for Rhino.Inside.Vectorworks.

1 Like

For the Vectorworks12.5 SDK, the supported development environment on the Mac is Xcode 2.2, and on Windows it is Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003. See the release notes for the latest information

From the Vectorworks 2019SDK manual… it would indeed be possible, right?
I think Nemetschek has some very good developers in the team, but I feel the evolution of their software is patch over patch over patch… And I´m afraid they are not paying too much attention to Marionette which in terms of USX is almost painful to use if you compare it to Grasshopper…

1 Like

I second this request.

1 Like

I joint the list. It could be a the nice way to VW recovers the path on innovation; focusing on BIM, where it is quite good, or even in IA, where they said they have a team working, but leaving the visual programming on Grasshopper having Rhino Inside.

I would like to join the list too. VW provides a nice UI (important to designers) that both Visualarq and Revit fails to achieve. But Marionette has a long way to go to match the complexity of plugins like ladybug or kangeroo that grasshopper can offer. The best of both worlds would be allowing interoperability.

I also support this request.

1 Like

I too am interested in using rhino inside vectorworks.

1 Like

I as well am interested in this

1 Like

Same here… I used to work with the Archicad Connector… but it seems on Archicad 24 it no longer even bothers on updating the connector for Rhino 7. Then I started looking into Vectorworks… for me, any Grasshopper x (other software) is vital to be able to use the strengths of each product… it would be amazing to have a connection to Vectorworks.

1 Like

Rhino.Inside supports even BricsCAD. It does not make sense it is not available in VW. Grasshopper is must-learn tool and essential function in every BIM software.

Such a project takes a good deal of resources. Rhino.Inside.BricsCAD was developed by the BricsCAD team. Maybe if we had some contacts in the VW team, we could have a discussion, but they are probably more interested in developing Marionette.

I’m afraid they haven’t improved Marionette in ages…

I second this need and is true that VW has not updated Marionette since 2014.

1 Like

Also second this. Very much needed!

1 Like

Connecting VW with Rhino, the same way we do with archicad, would be extremely useful. Remember that VW is cheaper than the other main three, and all the students have a 40% discount when upgrading from student to pro licence. So I think that this is a no brainer. Nevertheless the marionette tool, I think it only had one version, the initial one and it’s far behind GH. Or they in VW could learn more about gh a copy it… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes