RhinoDotNetCrash

unhandled

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #12

That is indeed the same crash as the OP. Have you tried uninstalling the suggest KB?

@brian @aj1 is this something for you?

Why would I uninstall a windows update? I’m not going to do that.
No big deal, the file on the desktop doesn’t bother me that much.

(Andrés Jacobo) #14

I don’t recognize this, sorry. It seems it is related to Win Forms.

Got one here too.

RhinoDotNetCrash.txt (2.5 KB)

@nathanletwory Clearly this is a repeatable bug. Could a bug report please be made so its fixed in a future release? Uninstalling Windows updates is neither a secure nor reasonable solution. MS only allows delays of updates for a short period.

1. Install windows 10 ver1803 and make sure it is up to date with KB4100403
  2. Install Rhino 6.4.18130.19341 or later
  3. Open Rhino and open a 3dm, run a few commands to create some geometry, save 3dm, close Rhino
  4. Rhino crash txt appears on desktop

I realize “run a few commands to create some geometry” isnt the best repeatable process, but I am sure a little playing around in Rhino and you will create this issue.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #17

I have logged an item here https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-46531

I have this update not yet installed, as it hasn’t been offered to my machine yet. I don’t know if other devs have it already installed. From the KB page I gather that only from today on it’ll be offered, so it will probably take some time for a dev to have this.

if you go to start and type CMD to raise windows command dialog and type WINVER this will tell you version and build. Is your version 1803?

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #19

I have 1803, but one build older than provided in the KB you mention. I have written info about it in the YT item - it is publicly visible.

(Brian Gillespie) #20

@Info3 Do you also have a RhinoCrashDump.dmp file on your desktop? If so, please send it.

no dmp is created, and i have repeated this many times, only the one text file

same here, only the txt, no crashdump.

same.

i can confirm this

Rhinodotnetcrash issues seems to be solved after starting Rhino 6 in safe mode…however I can’t pinpoint the plug-in thats causing the issue

Experiencing the same thing since Rhino 6.3 I think. Rhino just creates a crash txt file on my desktop each time the program is closed.

I’ve attached my RhinoDotNetCrash.txt file
RhinoDotNetCrash.txt (2.3 KB)

@info3 are you running Paneling Tools / Section Tools plugins?

No, I’m only using plug-ins installed with Rhino. I tested disabling Grasshopper and I still receive the crash with latest v6.6, not sure which plugin it is

@brian @nathanletwory I think the crash might be related to the splash screen. In the crash file there are async and web client commands used so whatever it is seems to be something that runs asynchronous and connects to the web which makes me suspect the splash. The fancy splash isnt used in safe mode explaining why the issue doesnt occur in safe mode

(Brian Gillespie) #34

There are also features related to licensing and the Cloud Zoo that use async and web client.

cloud zoo and licensing are presumably used in safe mode, and it doesnt happen in safe mode, which leaves the splash screen