RhinoCompute - Installation issue

Hi everyone,

After giving a little try yesterday to Rhino3dm I jumped to try compute. The problem came installing it using pip: for some reason pip returns a message saying that the found version doesn’t satisfy the requirements on my installation/system.

I had no trouble installing rhino3dm in a similar way. Is compute requiring any specific settings or python distribution?

Thanks.

0 Likes

(Steve Baer) #2

I’m seeing the same thing. I must have messed something up when uploading to PyPi. Looking into this now.

1 Like

(Steve Baer) #3

Ah, there’s no m on the end of the name for that package. pip install compute-rhino3d

1 Like

Thanks! @stevebaer Check the reference page.

Solved :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(Steve Baer) #5

Got it, thanks. I just fixed the typo. The web site page will probably update in a few minutes to show my changes.

1 Like

(IVELIN PEYCHEV) #6

@stevebaer,

you should also mention CMake as a requirement for rhino3dm. Just tried to install that and I got:

0 Likes

(Steve Baer) #7

What operating system and version of python are you working with? I supply already compiled binaries for several. I realize your post is somewhat off topic as you are referring to rhino3dm instead of compute-rhino3d which doesn’t require any build tools

0 Likes

(IVELIN PEYCHEV) #8

I’m on Win10 pro and WinPython3.6.6 (the custom portable python environment)

0 Likes

(IVELIN PEYCHEV) #9

after installing CMake it got built successfully

0 Likes

(Steve Baer) #10

Ok, I don’t use that version of python as I only compile for the latest standard CPython editions of 2.7 and 3.7 (32 and 64 bit). There are more requirements than just CMake to get this distribution to compile for your version. You can build it yourself by following the instructions at

1 Like