RhinoCommon is nearly ready on Mac

This is very likely due to the last-minute changes that we’ve been making in RhinoCommon.

Check out this guide for the “uninstallation” instructions. This process will be smoothed out in the future.

Thanks Dan, I knew i saw it somewhere, how to uninstall a plugin.

I may keep it here, I usually just use Rhino - not WIP, at work and the plugin is not installed there.

Get the 5.1 out the door OK!

Well actually, I just deleted the Win rhp and all is fine, so far.

Thanks for reporting this, I see I accidently bundled two .rhp files for Bullant into the installer. I’ve just fixed this now.

1 Like

With the latest WIP (5B148w), i can no longer load the geometry gym plugins.
I’ve tried to delete them and re install them to no avail.

We know. It’s by design. See this post above. @jonm of Geometry Gym is so far ahead of the curve we’re breaking the SDK already. Stay tuned for official announcements of RhinoCommon SDK.

Oups, sorry! I somehow missed this post… Now i get it.

By the way, iris plugin is working like a charm so far.

Looking forward to 5.1 release!

nico

1 Like

No worries! Keep calling them as you see them! I’m sure we’ll be getting it wrong even when we think we’ve got it right :wink: We’re just grateful to have so many people testing this out and doing awesome stuff…even with tools that might break from week-to-week.

Hi Nico,

I’ve downloaded the RC and built the plugin against those dll’s. When you have a chance download and try this please. http://geometrygym.wikidot.com/local--files/downloads/ggRhinoMac.macrhi

Let me know if there are any problems.

Cheers,

Jon

Not working here and I uninstalled the bin folder in plugins, now I just have GeometryGym.

Can you please try downloading the release candidate?
http://discourse.mcneel.com/t/rhino-for-mac-second-release-candidate-for-5-1/25289

This was the version the latest upload was built against. Dan or Steve (or someone) might have to comment about how loading of plugins will work (ie nominating version) with WIP and released versions.

If you can’t install the release candidate, let me know and I’ll build for the WIP that you have.

Thanks,

Jon