Rhino7 newest service release requires enter/space bar to confirm the entered value?

Hi guys, I just notice for the latest service release, Rhino now requires user to press enter/space bar to confirm the value(number) before we do any moves. Say I want to draw a line of 500mm, it used to be when you type in the number of 500, the line will be auto-locked without having to press enter/space bar. Does anyone know how to change this setting?

1 Like

Hi Declan - this is actually fixed in the 7.5 service release candidate.

You can get the fixed (7.5) version by changing the ‘Update frequency’ in Options > Updates and Statistics page to ‘Service release candidate’

-Pascal

1 Like

Hi Pascal, the ‘Updates and Statistics’ page you are referring to is greyed out in my Rhino 7 version.
(how to fix this?)
When I download the latest Rhino 7 version from McNeel’s website I get version 7.4 (rhino_en-us_7.4.21067.13001).
Where can i download v. 7.5?
I need this spacebar fix as well
:slight_smile:
thank you

I was wondering about this as well. Something felt weird :sweat_smile:

Currently 7.5 is available as a Service Release Candidate. The current Service Release is 7.4.

Service Release Candidates are released every Tuesday. Service Releases are released on the second Tuesday of every month. The 7.5 Service Release should be released on Tuesday, April 13.

From the link above:

To subscribe to Service Release Candidates, follow the platform-specific instructions below.

Rhino for Windows

1. Start Rhino
  2. From the Tools menu, click Options
  3. In the Options dialog box, click Updates and Statistics
  4. From the Update Frequency drop-down box, select Service Release Candidate
  5. Click OK

Rhino for Mac

1. Launch Rhino for Mac.
  2. Navigate to Rhinoceros > Preferences > General
  3. In the Updates section, from the Update Frequency drop-down box, select Service Release Candidate
  4. Click Check Now

1 Like