[Rhino6] CreaseSplitting setting is not persistent between sessions - bug?

Hi,

I just noticed that when I disable crease splitting using the _-CreaseSplitting Disable command that this setting is not remembered by Rhino. When I quite Rhino, then start it again crease splitting is enabled again.
In Rhino 5 this setting was persisted correctly. Is this new behavior intentional, or is it a bug?

Perhaps intentional as many people have had problems with it getting set accidentally in the past…

That would be a pity, requiring a workaround in our plug-ins. Unlike “many people” we work with knuckle lines in ship hulls that are defined by full duplicity knots.

Previously discussed in this thread: CreaseSplitting disabled as default - how?

Persistence and ability to set a preference was deliberately removed according to this YT: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-41897

I would like to see the ability to disable CreaseSplitting in Advanced Settings.

1 Like

Ugh, I feared as much… I’m open for suggestions on how to do this properly (either set at startup or programmatically somehow).

Problem is, as far as I can tell, that there is no scripted handle to access or change the current state. So if you need to do this in a script, you are going to need to script the Rhino command itself. However, if you want to revert to the previous state after the script finishes, I don’t think it’s possible as you can’t know which state it was in previously.

If you always want it on or off, you can certainly macro the Rhino Command in your startup scripts or inside a plug-in…

1 Like