【Rhino6】 C# component uses generics to display Identifier_Literal expected and syntax errors

(NARUTO) #1

Hello everyone
C# component uses generics to display Identifier_Literal expected and syntax errors,But the code is running normally.Like in the picture.

No problem in Rhino5.Like in the picture.

This is my gh file:Generic problem.gh (5.4 KB)

Can anyone tell me why this is? My rhino version number is: 6 SR15. Thank you for all the suggestions.

(Michael Pryor) #2

Generic should still give you the result even though it says generic. If you want to output textually like GH does you should use GH_Transform instead of Transform and IGH_GeometricGoo instead of GeometryBase. Even your Rhino 5 screenshot is not the way GH outputs transform text, that is the Rhino way (displaying the transformation matrix), unless of course that is your goal.

1 Like
(David Rutten) #3

Must be a regression in the code editor we use. It’s always had poor generics support, but to see it get worse over time is a shame.

We’re working on getting another code editor into Rhino, one we actually have some control over. But I don’t know what the time-frame on that is. Certainly Rhino7 at the earliest.

1 Like