Rhino3dm raises an error when plane is instantiated

I am referencing the newest Rhino3dm .dll from Rhino 6 on Windows 7 operating system.

An error emerges when I try to create a plane:

pt = rg.Point3d(0,0,0)  # no error
pln = rg.Plane(pt, rg.Vector3d(0,0,1))  # raises an error

This is the error message:

Unable to load DLL 'librhino3dm_native': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

On Windows 10, everything works perfectly.

Is it possible that even the first version of Rhino3dm (0.1.0) is not compatible with Windows 7? Should I instead use Rhino3dmIO for Windows 7? Which version of Rhino3dmIO?

Any help is appreciated.

You may need to install a missing visual c++ redistributable package, I’m not sure which one though. Start by checking which are installed on win10 and are missing on win7 in the list is installed programs from the control panel.

1 Like

Thank you for the help @menno ,

On Windows 10 the latest version I have is C++ Redistributable 2015-2019 (both x84 and x64).
On Windows 7 the latest version is: C++ Redistributable 2017 (both x84 and x64).

Instead of looking to install C++ Redistributable 2019 on Windows 7, I tried using the oldest (and the first) version of Rhino3dm: 0.1.0 and it didn’t work on my Windows 7.

Then I experimented with ‘Rhino3dmIO’ instead:
The latest Rhino3dmIO which worked with Rhino 6 Windows 7, and upper ‘C++ Redistributable 2017’ is: 6.32.20340.21001.

Thank you for the help. I just wanted to post this information in case anyone else needs it.