Rhino Workflow

I am new to Rhino (and surface modeling) and I have been going through the Rhino guided exercises and also an online course from another website. While they have been good about teaching how to use different tools to accomplish a specific goal, they haven’t covered much of the theory behind it. My end goal is to be able to go from having the idea of an object in my head or on paper and reproduce it in Rhino with accurate physical dimensions. What does the ideal workflow for a 3d object look like? Create a frame of curves with the appropriate dimensions, create surfaces from those curve networks, and then modify those surfaces to achieve the right shape? I know this is somewhat of a vague question, I’m just not sure exactly where to start.

Typically, for me, its seems that no matter how thought out a workflow is it always morphs into something completely different (and better).

With that in mind (that its going to evolve in a creative fashion) you can come up with a rough draft and progressively refine, looking at workflow development as a iterative process.

This reduces the pressure of complexity.

1 Like