Rhino 7 Subdivision Surface Project

Hmm, @pascal, it appears you may have announced the “secret” TestSubD command on Serengeti forum?

Here are some important things to consider:

1. It’s an early WIP. NOTHING is stable. NOTHING works right. NOTHING is remotely useful.

2. Do not assume this command will exist from week-to-week. Do NOT rely on it for anything that involves getting anything important done or delivering any important projects to customers.

3. I change the “secret” commands options and what they do several times per day.

4. For the next 4 weeks, I’m going to focus on finishing this project to a state of stability and will not be able to devote very much time to this discussion.

That said, thank you to all our loyal users for your interest and support in this project. We hope we can meet a fraction of your high expectations.

4 Likes

Hmm - sorry Dale - I did not read through this thread again to see the test command was not part of it - I assumed it was and did not check. Sigh - too many sub groups to keep track of, for my tiny brainlet, I guess.

-Pascal

Hey Pascal, what was that GMail setting you were talking about that lets you “undo” an email after you send it?

1 Like

I officially swear that I will do nothing with the plugin other than play and I’ll expect nothing from it. But it is fun to play with.

I think it got lost in the same place that the software spider that searches out and deletes all previous versions of my drawings from my clients computers other than the most recent version.

1 Like

Hi Brian, you mean, that one that Discourse does not have? That one? It’s in GMail Settings > General > Undo Send. Sure hope that helps.

-Pascal

I have already been "playing " with it : :+1:

Cheers

Joao

1 Like

Can we have this for, like, normal conversations with people too? :smiley: --Mitch

2 Likes

It’s called a lobotomy and is rather disruptive in natue :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks like you have to enable it in Labs first.

I think this is an advanced feature. It’s called keeping your mouth shut. I’ve never been able to effectively use that feature.

1 Like

I like be part of this family.
Thanks to all!
:grin::grin::grin:

Shucks, I was kinda hoping some of that noise cancelling technology that they use in headphones would help here…

Hm… this has potential.

I found a sub d model online at

and converted it with the testsubd and sat base mesh at 2:

God yes - I need to find this too!

1 Like

In the spirit of full disclosure for all Serengeti users, I’ve changed the name of the the not-so-secret “TestSubD” command to “SubDFromMesh”.

As time permits, I will describe what this command does in the document you may read if you click on this link http://goo.gl/KKcl6T

5 Likes

Great ! :+1:

@dalelear Margaret and I hacked on you document. I’m sure it is full of lies now.

Please review and correct.

Thanks Bob. Your changes look good. I filled in the information that you or Margaret had requested.

@dalelear and @margaret, I made a few more changes. I’ll talk to you about them on Monday.

The furrowed brow effect in the image was created using the Creases=Yes option. I took the head from the model Holo mentioned in his post 4 days ago, used “UnweldEdge” to unweld the eyebrows and forehead ridges, then moved those control points out a bit before calculating the limit surface. The “ShowEdges” command is useful for keeping track of the interior crease locations on the input mesh.

@dalelear, do you expect Creases to work in the current builds?

This is what I get when that edge is unwelded.