Rhino WIP - now on 10.14?

Hi guys.

It is time to inform us about this new problem! Nowhere is information about this new status.

SniĢmka obrazovky 2020-10-07 o 10.16.32

Hmmm. I am angry now. Sry.

Peter

Right, High Sierra will no longer be supported for Rhino 7, we probably should have made the necessary adjustments and announcements. @dan, we already stopped supporting High Sierra, right?

@petermasek according https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS#Release_history High Sierra will no longer be supported from November on. We also donā€™t support Windows versions that are no longer supported by Microsoft, already for v6 we dropped support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

1 Like

Correct. Rhino 7 for Mac will require macOS Mojave or better.

I apologize @petermasek. I can imagine how this feels surprising, abrupt, and rude. We should have given more of a headā€™s up before we made this change. Iā€™ll try to do better next time.

-Dan

1 Like

hello, same issue problem, and lot of files actually " locked" into my workflow, ,@Dan, could you share us the previous v7 release (Wip), it is necessary to convert my V7 files into v6 because update of my all work OS have been delayed for my bossā€¦ :frowning:
thank you

Hi Antoine -
The last public WIP that works on macOS High Sierra should be this one:
http://files.mcneel.com/rhino/7/mac/releases/rhino_wip_7.0.20266.16016.dmg

Note that on macOS, you donā€™t need to ā€œuninstallā€ any version - you can have several versions installed at the same time (I have about 20 different Rhino 7 versions and 40 different Rhino 6 versions on my mac). Especially when running WIP, BETA, or Release Candidates, this is a very nice feature of the OS.
-wim

@wim Thanks a lot, I didnā€™t know for the parallel use of different releases ā€¦ 46 versions of Rhinoā€¦ you should be in love of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh thank you very much. uff. Problem will only convert my subd stuff into v6 but time is going. :slight_smile:

@dan it is ok ā€¦ I know your move. Good luck with development.