Rhino WIP 8-Nov-2016 doesn't install

I’ve downloaded the latest WIP and am trying to install this on a Win7 machine.

I get the following message during the installation process:

Clicking on that KB2919355 link brings me to a page with information on an April 2014 update of Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. - Again, I’m running Win7.

My Windows Update information tells me that there are 33 optional updates available for my system: on for Skype and 32 language packs:

Yeah, there was this in the 8 november WIP announcement I saw this morning:

Guess it’s not completely “tuned up” yet… --Mitch

Edit - just installed the latest that was automatically downloaded on this machine no problem - it’s Win 8 though.

Thanks for checking, Mitch!

Yes, the auto-downloaded one also installed without problems on my Win10 machine last night so this might be something about Win7…

Hi Wim, Mitch - as far as I can see this was logged and fixed and tested… should behave better next time.

thanks,

-Pascal

1 Like

Thanks Pascal! Is there a way to install this version before the next one is released?

EDIT: I just read that a new version is released now. I’ll try that one.

I’m trying to test this currently myself and running into lots of road blocks.

Maybe @brian can chime in.

@wim please tell me the version number on this file:

C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll

(Right-click the DLL, then click Properties, then Details)

The version number needs to be >= 7.9.9600.17031

I understand what’s going on now. Details are in the last comment of RH-36148. I’ll have this fixed for next week’s WIP.

1 Like

FWIW, @brian, my Win7 system decided to auto-update to the November 9th version and that went fine.

I just updated my Win 7 to the latest and then tried to install the Nov 9 WIP. Got the “Windows Update required” KB291355 message. Will wait for this weeks WIP and try again. BTW: “Check for updates” took 28 hours. MS sure is right on top of things.

RH-36148 is fixed in the latest WIP