Rhino keeps crashing my computer

I recently downloaded Rhino onto a relatively new computer with 8GB RAM and Core i5 5300U 2.3 processor and it keeps crashing, locking the computer with a little wheel turning as if it is trying to process.
Any idea what might be causing this?
thanks
Malte

Do you use the integrated Intel GPU?

I’m not sure, I’ve attempted to find out online but have not been able to figure out how to determine that.
thanks

Open the Windows’ Device Manager.
Expand the Display Adapter section.
What do you see listed there?

Intel® HD Graphics 5500

Hmmm…
Actually, the HD 5500 is a fairly old GPU, an d not a good choice for Rhino for Windows.

Assuming Windows 10, here’s a link to the current driver:

Any luck?

I purchased this Lenovo X1 because it has the trackpoint button and a touch screen. Turns out it has a customized computer manufacturer driver and the intel wizard is recommending not to install the generic Intel driver… Thats what I get for wanting my preferences.
I’ve determined that the crashing happens when I use my mouse center wheel to scroll in or out, I’ve been using the using the left button and CTRL button with more success. It appears I might have to live with this or get a new computer!
thanks for your help and if you have any other suggestions let me know.
Malte

Before giving up, I’d make sure all of the drivers for all the laptop systems were up to date from the Lenovo site. A new computer is NEVER up to date when you receive it.
I’ve personally have had a rough go with Lenovo in the past and avoid them. Mostly because they seem very slow to update the tweaked drivers for their laptops and netbooks.