Rhino-into-Revit leaving duplicates, attributes not sticking after closing out

Hello @mgb228 and welcome to the community!

Here are a few quick comments on your questions:

1. Very valid!. We are finishing up work on an element binding system that helps Grasshopper rememeber what it has generated and avoid duplicating work. For now I’d suggest using the new “Trigger” component is Grasshopper to control when the “Create” components (blue icons) generate elements inside Revit environment

1. Would you mind sending an example for this so I can replicate?

2. Checkout the Community, Discover, and Guides on the Rhino.Inside.Revit Wiki. There are some great examples there :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the direction on the trigger component. Am I correct in understanding that the trigger component is not currently compatible with Add Geometry by Direct Shape?

I’ll send you a download link to my Revit and Rhino file privately.

The Trigger component can be wired to any component in the definition and can be wired to multiple components at the same time.

2 Likes

Hello,
How did it go with the Element binding for the Revit creating nodes Like “Add Beam”, “Add column” “Direct shape” e.t.c?

I see that you have fixed the Revit primitives like “Graphical elements” to remember what elements it created from precious sessions but the “Build” elements still duplicates.

That would be the last fix i need to make this the best tool ever created :smiley:

Kind regards
Martin

Hi @martin.wiberg,

We have an internal branch with Element Tracking on it.

Changes on 0.9 are there to accommodate all Add components to this new branch changes.

Eventually when everything works we will merge and make Element Tracking available. I hope this happens soon.

1 Like

Element Tracking is now available for testing: Rhino.Inside.Revit - 1.0 Release Candidate Available

1 Like

I’m still getting duplicate elements. Has this binding issue been resolved? I am using clusters so maybe the issue is that the rhino for revit elements are inside a cluster?

Hi Benjamin,

We’ll need more information to be able to help. Can you post a small example of the issue? Thanks

I think I identified the behavoir that is producing the duplicates, its when I open up and edit the cluster. It seems to work as long as I don’t open the cluster, then whatever connection you worked out is broken and I get duplicate elements. Should I log this as a bug? Not sure where to do that.

What happens if you lock the solver before editing the cluster, close the cluster and reenable the solver?

Let me take a look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. When I first create the cluster it does warn me that the link is broken, do i want to delete pinned objects.

Please review the Element Tracking info and how that relates to your workflow. I can be more helpful with an example.

https://www.rhino3d.com/inside/revit/1.0/guides/rir-grasshopper#element-tracking

Let me take a look at this article and see if it’s a user error, or if there is some unanticipated behavior related to clusters. I will let you know what I find.

Thank you for your quick feedback.

I’ve confirmed the behavoir. If I don’t edit and save the cluster then element tracking works. I left it at the default which is update. Once I go into the cluster, and save it then Rhino.Inside will create the duplicate. I tested this with both clusters that are just native to the document and those that are created using the save and reference feature, so its technically a separate file. Both exhibit the same issue. Screen shot of the definition below:

Inside Cluster

Cluster

This is the error message I get when I create a cluster:

I’ve uploaded a simple version of the script above to demonstrate the issue. The floor plate on the left without the cluster doesn’t create duplicates. Once you create a cluster you get the error message above. It works fine till you go in and then save the cluster. Then you get the duplicate.

elementTrackingCLusterIssue.gh (8.3 KB)

I tried locking the solver before editing the cluster, then saving the cluster and unlocking the solver once I’m back outside of the cluster. This does not solve the issue.

What types of edits are you doing in the cluster? I’m able to open, switch, floor types, level etc with no ill effects.

Weird. Let me try it again. When I created that separate GH file all I had to do was open the cluster and close it to get duplicates. What version for rhino inside are you using? Maybe I need to update? Not sure how to check my version

You can go here to get your about info as well as the options to choose to update to either the Stable, Release Candidate or Daily builds.

It looks like I’m at the latest public release. Should I go with the release candidate or daily builds? I’m assuming you are using one of the latest daily builds and this issue was fixed but is not part of the public release?

I’m not aware of any fixes (doesn’t mean there wasn’t), there will be a new releases tomorrow that you can try it on.