Rhino Inside Revit within a .rhi installer

Hello all,

I am trying to create a .rhi installer that contains some tools i’ve produced to assist people at work with their RiR workflow. Everything compiles, everything works when I test it, however, the commands that deal specifically with RhinoInside don’t appear in the rhino command line.

For example my code might look like this:

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs
import Rhino
import clr
clr.AddReference('RhinoInside.Revit')
clr.AddReference('RevitAPI')
import Autodesk
import RhinoInside.Revit
import Autodesk.Revit

__commandname__ = "HelloRiR"

def RunCommand( is_interactive ):
    return None

Any help on how to get this to work out within a .rhi installer will be very helpful! Thanks. :smiley:

So just to be clear any of these scripts will ONLY work when Rhino is running inside Revit

Yep! I know, but the issue I have is that the command isn’t recognised by Rhino in Rhino Inside Revit or Rhino Outside Revit.

Okay so RHI are going extinct and the preferred method for package distribution on Rhino 7 is the new package manager. It’s quite easy to setup and use:

A great way to get your script built into a rhino plugin is using the “Rhino Script Compiler”

Revit_oEZUgrg62T

• Start a new project and save it somewhere

• Then open the project and add your python scripts one by one using the “C” option. Each one will be converted into a Rhino command and will take the name of the script by default

• Then build the project into an .rhp and .yak package at the same time using the “B” option as shown above

explorer_EwVj7EHgIv

1 Like