Rhino.Inside.Revit Installation

Hi Steve, I am new to this forum and recently downloaded the Rhino WIP 7.0.19204.08205 and Rhino Inside for Revit. I am more from the support team and helping user installing the tool after recent lunchtime demonstration from McNeel. I can install the Rhino WIP and Inside on machine using our admin account and after installation all work fine in my admin account. But once the users are back to their standard account, they are unable to use Rhino Inside within Revit. Can you please advice and any further assistance would be much appreciated

Hi Asfakur,

Currently, RhinoInside Revit is installed in the user account at %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\%RevitVersion%\ the installer copies there a file RhinoInside.Revit.addin a folder called RhinoInside.Revit.
If you move those files to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\%RevitVersion% it should be available for all user accounts on that PC.

Eventually, the installer should install in all user accounts, as you expected.

1 Like

Split topic and moved into Rhino.Inside Revit category.

I just got Rhino WIP installed and RIR but it does not launch, it says Iā€™m currently on 0.0.0.0 version of WIP which is not true.

Any fix for this?

Witch version of Revit are you using?
Could you please open regedit.exe, go to that registry key and do an screenshot please?

Hi Kike,

thank you for the quick reply!

Revit 2019.2.1

Here it is:

Hi,

We added some more information on that error in the last release.
Could you please update and share a screenshot of it?
The new dialog has a Show details chevron, please use it before capture.

Thanks.