Rhino inside Python

It’s probably a subtle bug in GhPython that an error isn’t always presented. Rhinoinside is specifically for cpython

1 Like

Hi @stevebaer
What is the role of rhino inside pyhton if we only need Visual studio to create rhino inside plugin?

Rhino.Inside CPython is specifically for loading and using Rhino inside of the CPython process. It could be used for all sorts of different applications including access to all of Rhino’s functionality from inside a CPython application like the ghhops-server.

1 Like

Thanks , but we can’t control it from Grasshopper like rhino inside revit?
I see this example but it need Rhino inside revit addon

https://www.rhino3d.com/inside/revit/beta/getting-started#ghpython-in-revit

No, for this we will need to be able to embed the CPython runtime in Rhino itself. This is a project that we are working on for Rhino 8.

3 Likes

Very nice , this will be useful and solve many problems with python modules.
I tried this and i will open separated topic to understand better how to send only one point.

I don’t know if this work or what i miss here

Hello @stevebaer
As you see i try this and it work fine without rhinoinside.
Now is it possible to send data from Grasshopper to Ansys directly?

In Ansys ironpython all Rhino commands available but there is a problem with some geometries, but actually it is not important because i only nee send and receive data.

Hi @stevebaer, I keep running into this. I have Rhino 7 installed and I think it fails to import Rhino.

PS C:\Users\user\Desktop\rhinoinsidepython> & C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37/python.exe c:/Users/userh/Desktop/rhinoinsidepython/rhinoinsideppython.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “c:/Users/user/Desktop/rhinoinsidepython/rhinoinsideppython.py”, line 2, in
rhinoinside.load()
File “C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\rhinoinside_init_.py”, line 39, in load
clr.AddReference(“RhinoCommon”)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find assembly ‘RhinoCommon’.
at Python.Runtime.CLRModule.AddReference(String name)
PS C:\Users\user\Desktop\rhinoinsidepython>

Hi @stevebaer, any update on this? It fails to import ‘System’.

I just pushed a new version of rhinoinside for cpython to pypi. Try installing this version to see if if fixes the issue you are seeing

1 Like

When
pip install --user rhinoinside
I got
error: option --single-version-externally-managed not recognized.
To fix this

pip install -U setuptools
pip install -U wheel