Rhino goes "not responding"

I’m running Rhino 5 on Windows 10 build 10130. Asus laptop with NVidia 845M. Several times in the last few days it goes gray and shows “(not responding)” in the window bar. Any suggestions on what to do to diagnose this? Not much interesting in event viewer:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Rhino.exe
P2: 5.11.50226.17195
P3: 54efd066
P4: 0000
P5: 134217984
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6D60.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\brian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6EB9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Rhino.exe_6de57634d45c53e85dc5aaaada2962112495d1_c0d8085e_0ed16f06

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d158e2fc-1f38-11e5-b6b3-8086f29002da
Report Status: 97
Hashed bucket:

Does Rhino come back ever, or is it just gone and need to b stopped in Task Manager? Can you recall what it is you were doing in Rhino when it went away?

thanks,

-Pascal

I’ve let it sit for at least 1/2 hour, and it doesn’t come back. When closing it with task manager, it never actually closes… it’ll give an error if you try to close it again, but it doesn’t ever actually go away.

It almost always seems to be when switching back to Rhino from some other app. For example, switching back and forth from a web browser as I add details to the drawing.

brian

Hi Brian- can you tell us about what your system is like, and which web browser you are using?

thanks.

-Pascal

like i said, Windows 10 build 10130. Asus laptop with NVidia 845M.

Also: 8 GB RAM. Firefox.

Seems to always be the first mouse click when switching back to Rhino… can’t tell if it’s already hung at that point, or if it’s something in the click that does it. It’s happened a couple times in the 2 weeks that I’ve been using Rhino (love it, btw!) but much worse in the last 48 hours or so.

Brian, just as a test, can you try Chrome or IE or something to see if there is any change in this behavior? And, the usual - please make sure your video drivers are up to date- dunno how that works for W10 though…

thanks

-Pascal

Drivers are up to date (using latest nvidia WHQL drivers). Will experiment with browsers.

Olá! alguem conseguiu achar uma solução?