Rhino for Windows tutorials

Hi @litwinaa - what exactly are you looking for? Do you want to understand how the command works or good use cases for the command? Something else?

Hello Vanessa,

Both to understand how the command works and good uses for it.

Thank you,

Andy

@litwinaa - The command is very useful when you want to trim a solid but you want the result to still be a solid. Hereā€™s the Help file video, Rhinoceros Help.

A link to a tutorial, Rhino Tooltip: Wirecut - YouTube

Attached a clip.

Hello Vanessa,

Thank you very much for the help with this command. I appreciate your comment, clip and links They are helpful.

Thank you,

Andy

1 Like

Phil Cook explains referencing geometry in Rhino 6 with blocks and worksessions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUCR0GXygUw

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVcGfimf8yKmhoweDpKF4PQ/videos

2 Likes

Quick video on modeling a Y-Branch with SubD, amazing how easy that is. :grinning:

And hereā€™s one for manually modeling a ball corner.

Three comments.

1. The best way to avoid filleting problems is using Rhino 7 and making all fillets at the same time (using FilletEdge command).

2. This free Rhino plugin (TutorialPanelPlugin) will improve qualty of your tutorials: New feature request - tutorial pane

3. There are two kinds of Rhino users: those who push osnap control under the panel and those who do not. I do, and I use dark colors as well.

A tutorial video I saw a while ago stuck with me because I didnā€™t agree with the information contained within itā€¦ so when I just now made something similar for myself, I thought it fitting to try to make own:

This is my first tutorial and Iā€™m not super experienced with Rhino, so I bet someone will find something to disagree with in this one as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(I am going to totally necromancy this thread.)

A tutorial or how-to subforum would be an excellent idea. I think that one of Rhinoā€™s assets, and likely one with an affordable development cost: is this forum.

I appreciate that many people are waiting in the wings, waiting to pounce on someoneā€™s problem, all in good nature, but why not make a subforum for preemptive help?

I suspect that a lot of people donā€™t have websites, and the lack of a platform might inhibit someone from making a good tutorialā€“the one you need.

I use BlendSrf command with Add Shapes option. I have not tried the new Straighten option.

Thatā€™s a really nice improvement, thanks for the tip!

I found that even with Straighten 90, I couldnā€™t get perfectly straight results at all times, but then with the Planar Sections option, even though it was a bit unintuitive, I found that in a perpendicular viewport I could draw a section straight up, and suddenly the entire blend lined up very nicely.

TestControlPointsInFront :grinning:

Note, the alt key will be your friend, since the control points will be ā€˜displayedā€™ in front, but still behind.

As usual with Rhino Uxā€¦ already been thereā€¦

1 Like

There is no such command in Rhino 7.13.

My mistake, the command is specifically:

Testtogglecontrolpointstofront

Since I managed to get a few coworkers to try Rhino and couldnā€™t find a good short tutorial which covered the very basics, I made one:

does the top row on the learn page not qualify as good and short?
If not, what are we missing? Always looking for way to improve the onboarding process for new folks.

I donā€™t doubt theyā€™re good, but definitely not short and probably not specialized for industrial design.

(Also, I mention various long standing issues in Rhino that my coworkers are bound to run into, which I doubt idealized promo videos highlightā€¦) :wink:

1 Like