There is a new Mac Work In Progress (WIP) build available, Wenatchee 2014-02-03.
This is a big update with lots of changes.
You might save a copy of your current Rhinoceros application before overwriting it with this WIP release.
This Mac release includes all applicable updates and fixes from Rhino for Windows V5.7 (SR7).
This Mac WIP release also includes these Mac-specific changes:
- Single window modeling has been greatly enhanced and is now the default. See the Single Window Modeling post for more information.
Fixes to the 2014-01-29 WIP release:
- Single window modeling is now implemented in OS X Lion (10.7). This release also reenables Single Window Modeling in all versions of Rhino for Mac. See Single Window Modeling if you wish to disable it.
- Clicking the Done button in the command options in the sidebar would lock up the command and prevent the command from finishing. This has been fixed.
- You can now set the top palette name to something other than Standard.
- Shortcuts that used only the Option key, like Option-H to hide objects, did not work. This has been fixed.
- Moving the mouse would commit any command input that had been typed in the command options sidebar panel. This no longer happens.
Fixes to the 2014-01-28 WIP release:
- The command options did not appear in the sidebar in 10.8. This has been fixed.
- The Display Properties panel was broken and this caused numerous problems, including stalling Rhino at startup and preventing commands from completing. This has been fixed.
- A crash when typing characters if there was no Value field in the command options sidebar has been fixed.
- The Osnaps panel did not display any checkboxes in OS X 10.7. This has been fixed.
Fixes to the 2013-12-23 WIP release:
- The menu item View > Enter Full Screen has been added to the application menu.
- Fix line thickness and line color settings for technical display modes.
- Because of bugs in obsolete versions of 10.7 and 10.8, Rhino now requires 10.7.5 (exactly) or 10.8.5 (exactly) when running on these older versions of OS X.
- Other crashes have been fixed.
- Artistic viewport mode crashes on Intel Iris GPUs and has been disabled when running on that GPU.
Please report any problems you find in the Rhino for Mac support forum.
Requires OS X Lion (10.7) or later.