Rhino for Architecture Workshop using VisualARQ by Francesc Salla
May 14-16, 2018
10.00h - 18.00h
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel Europe welcomes Francesc Salla, product manager of VisualARQ at AsuniCAD in Barcelona to tutor a 3-day BIM oriented Rhino Workshop for architects, engineers, and designers at our Barcelona offices. VisualARQ adds flexible BIM features to Rhino.
The workshop focuses on learning Rhino, VisualARQ, and Grasshopper as a Flexible BIM solution for developing and carrying out an architecture project – from the 3D model to the 2D documentation.
The workshop will help you improve your architectural modeling skills and parametric design workflow inside Rhino and Grasshopper.
You will be trained in the following sectors.
Create BIM models in Rhino:
- Work with 3D parametric architectural objects.
- Create new custom parametric objects, also from Grasshopper.
- Manage the model with Levels and Sections.
- Customize your workflow with the VisualARQ Grasshopper Components and other Grasshopper add-ons.
Generate the 2D documentation:
- Add custom data to geometry in the model.
- Create lists for quantity take-offs.
- Dimensions, areas, annotations and other 2D drafting tools.
- Vector output printing, page Layout setup.
Interoperability and BIM data:
- Import and export 3D models through IFC.
- Add custom IFC information to geometry, also from Grasshopper.
- Team collaboration with external references.
- Basic Rhino knowledge.
- VisualARQ 2 (Download link. Ask for a temporary license to firstname.lastname@example.org if your evaluation version expires during the course dates.)
- Rhino 5* or Rhino 6, Grasshopper.
Course Fee: EUR 795 (+VAT). Full-time students, university teachers (proof of status required) and remote attendees get a 50% discount. Please note your seat is only confirmed once payment has cleared.
Maximum Number of Participants: 10 + 5 remote participants. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe here!