Rhino crashes when trying to open file made on an other computer on the same network

Hi,

So as said on the topic “Rhino crashes when trying to open file made on an other computer on the same network”. I get no error message nor an option to send a crashreport. Any ideas?

Does that happen with any such file? What if you try to open it in safe mode? Does it open again without problems on that other PC?
Also, could you post your system information?

It usually happens when i try to do something memory heavy like save or copy/paste. I just uninstalled clayoo and it seamed to do the trick. I’ll get back if the problem recures. Thank for the quick response anyway!

Moi,

Does this mean you are trying to access that file while it is shared from another machine (i.e. not copied to your machine before opening it)?

/Nathan

Moi :slight_smile:

The files crashed on both occations.

Do you get this also when you start in a fresh file and create a huge geometry that you then copy and paste around? If so you may be simple running out of memory if you don’t have a lot of RAM to work with, especially if you also have many other programs running at the same time (notably web browsers).

As @wim asked, some hardware and OS info would be useful (32/64 bit, Windows version, RAM amount).

/Nathan