Rhino crash big issue

Two times rhino 7 last release has crashed losing some hours of my work…this is the message:

Worst of all it made many autosave versions of the file that in the location don’t exsist. No comment

Hello- please comment - what do you mean, exactly?
Can you please run SystemInfo` in Rhino and Copy/paste the results here?
Were you able to save the file after the message you show?

-Pascal

sys.txt (3.0 KB)

Today it’s a nightmare!! Minimum 4 times crash! I need to save each 10 minutes because after the crash there are no autosave files. There are some rhino commands that crash (i.e. simply offset curve on the surface - 2 times; a boolean subtraction surface/extrusion and another one that I can’ìt remember) . Until yesterday no problem

Did you check your recycle bin?

https://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/7/help/en-us/index.htm#commands/autosave.htm

Can you disable or uninstall Vray? Its been causing some issues with certain commands lately. They are working on (and may have) a fix.

Hi Japhy,

I’ve found one autosave file in the recycle bin…after I redesigned all…anyway now I know it. But each time that rhino autosaving it erase the previous autosave version?

Yes, I’m using Vray (50% of my work) so I can’t uninstall it.

Vray has been crashing Rhino during intersect/contour commands, this would be first i’ve seen for Solid Boolean operations, but could be related.

Hello- if you disable Vray in Options > Plug-ins page and then close and reopen Rhino, does the problem go away? If so, then, make sure you have the latest Vray installed and re-enable the plug-in of course - if the problem persists and it is clearly related to VRay, then please also contact Vray support.

-Pascal

I just searched the crash reports for OffsetCrvOnSurface. There are quite a few, and every one is a VRay crash.

1 Like

Could you have a temperature problem with your system, while rendering.
Are you monitoring the memory?

BTW, for Windows, I uses OpenHardwareMonitor. You can go through, and check all the things you might want shown on your desktop.
https://openhardwaremonitor.org/