Rhino CPU Recommendation

I’m looking to buy a new laptop and I want to make sure the CPU is going to be strong enough to support large architecture projects. I currently run i7-7820HQ with a base speed of 2.9Ghz and it works great. At the same time, I am trying to maximize the graphics card to an RTX 2070 or higher for live sync with Lumion. I’ve found some laptops with the RTX that I like but an i9-10885H CPU with a speed is 2.6Ghz. (Though with turboboost up to 5.3Ghz.) Dell G7 17 All I’m looking to find out is if the downgrade in CPU speed from 2.9 to 2.6 is going to dramatically affect Rhino 6 modeling performance.

cpu is less important than gpu…any i7 or i9 will be fine, but make sure you buy a machine that has a standalone graphics card with 8gb vram min. Then load up on ram 16gb min… more = better.

DO NOT BUY A MACHINE WITH ONLY INTEL HD VIDEO IN IT THEN CALL TECH SUPPORT MAD BECAUSE YOUR MACHINE RUNS LIKE POO.

This concludes your friendly tech support rant.

UserBenchmark.com is a handy site: (you can compare gpu’s there too)

So the i9 appears to be faster than your older i7 in all aspects even though it is clocked slower.