Rhino and Romer Arms - Continuous point capture

Hello!

I am using a Romer Infinite 2.0 arm with Rhino 7 and it is working flawlessly except for this single issue.

How do you continuously capture points? The click-click-click method is a bit rough.

-Greg

Hi Greg - DigSketch will allow you to create a curve, just the points, or both -

-Pascal

Pascal-

I have used that, but I guess I wasn’t clear in my description of what I need.

I am checking a compound curved organic surface by sampling hundreds of points and then checking them against the surface. I am using the probe radius ± tolerance for coloring the delta lines to see how the surface fits CAD. I am using it like a poor man’s PC-DMIS, SA, or VeriSurf until I can add a specialized program to the mix. As I can do about anything in Rhino one way or another so it is the Swiss Army knife pressed into duty.

-Greg

Hi Greg - sorry, I might be even more lost than before - what exactly do you need to do in Rhino? Does PointDeviation help?

-Pascal

Pascal-

I need to capture a whole cloud of points using the Romer arm. When I use the command points, and then click the arm you get one point. When you hold the button down it can capture 40+ points per second on other programs, but on Rhino it still just gives the one point. As I needs hundreds of points it would be great to just hold the button and slide the Romer probe over the surface capturing 40+ points per second.

-Greg

Hi Greg - that is what I thought originally and why I suggested DigSketch - you should be able to drag the digitizer pointer around on the target obejct and capture points as you go.

-Pascal

I will try that. Thank you.