Rhino and Grasshopper crash When I disable V-Ray Plug-in

When loading Rhino, I realized that it is slow when the V-Ray for plug-in is enabled. I disabled this plug-in in options in Rhino and the program became faster when starting up. However, when I open grasshopper from Rhino, I get the following error message:

When I press close button, both Rhino and Grasshopper crash and then I get the message below:

Any help to solve this issue is much appreciated!

Hi Sam -

Are you sending in that crash report when it appears?
Regardless, this is likely something that Chaos Group needs to look at, so you’ll have to contact them.
In the meanwhile, it looks like your options are either to have V-Ray enabled or uninstall at least the Grasshopper part of that plug-in (I’m not a V-Ray user so I don’t know if that is an option in the installer). You could possibly try to remove the custom Grasshopper components from the folder where Grasshopper finds them.
-wim

Hi Wim, Yes, I submitted a crash report using this Rhino Error Reporting window. Is there a way I can reach out to the Chaos Group or to the Grasshopper technical support? I will try your reccommendations.Thanks a lot!

Hi Sam -

Thanks for doing that. Our systems are currently down so I can’t currently get access to that, but, as I indicated, this is most likely something that Chaos Group will need to fix anyway. A quick Google search takes me to their help center here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us
-wim